DAILY AGENDA: FRIDAY 10/20
DAILY AGENDA FRIDAY 10/20
1. QUIZ: 5.4, 5.5, 5.6
A. “Townshend Acts” (Implementation, Boycott, Repeal)
B. “The Boston Massacre” (Mob Violence or Self Defense, Propaganda?)
C. “The Boston Tea Party” (Tea Act, Tea Party, Point of View?)
2. “Intolerable Acts” pg. 72, 73—(Great Britain’s response to Boston Tea Party)
A. Intolerable—unable to be endured
B. Complete Notes
3. Crash Course U.S. History-John Green Video: Events leading to Declaration of Independence.
*MUST HAVE SILENT READING MATERIAL FOR INDEPENDENT TIME-Per Mrs. Demaio
*Can be book, magazine, comic book…..something of student’s interest
Overview: In this lesson, you will learn about growing tensions between the colonists and Great Britain from 1763-1775.
Learning Objectives: Students will be able to:
1. distinguish between New England, Middle, and Southern Colonies understanding the emergence of major regional differences in the colonies.
2. identify the rights of colonists during colonial times..
3. use metaphor of students & school to describe the strained relationship that developed between colonies & Britain after the French & Indian War.
4. identify events that led to the colonies seeking their independence from Great Britain.